Thursday, February 18, 2010

Short post

It occurs to me that the world won't end if I don't post something here :-)

Just a quick thought from a recent journal entry. For obvious reasons I have been thinking a lot about my frequent "do whatever it takes" prayers I have offered to God and then to the painful journey that we have recently been through. My thoughts are below. I welcome your thoughts.

I am following up here on an earlier thought about you not bringing trouble to grow us but using it when it comes. Basically, what if the “whatever it takes” is not the pain but the revelation of your awesome goodness in the midst of the pain? And what if, since you promise always to be with us in the midst of the struggle (even though we often forget this because of our fears and the enemy’s lies), that the real “whatever it takes” is a greater revelation of who You are and who we are to you?

So what do you think?

Tom, one of Abba's children

No comments: